THEOLOGICAL EXPECTATIONS & YOUTH MINISTRY AREA COMMUNITY NORMS
• We seek to always make God bigger, our theology deeper, and our love for the world wider.
• We agree to use expansive language about God.
• We agree to see each child in the programming as a child of God.
• We agree to model adulthood authentically. We consent to learn in public and be honest about our doubts. We don’t have all of the answers and we know faith is often messy and ambiguous.
• Use a restorative (not punitive) justice model when it comes to discipline: we repair where harm has been done and heal together as a community.
• We agree to honor difference and mystery in our theology.
• We reject all forms of language about people that is ageist, racist, sexist, and othering.